Vegetarian Recipes

Monday, January 17, 2011

Sunday afternoon happy hours

So yesterday was supposed to be a stay-at-home, lounge around the house, do a couple fun home projects sort of a day. But by 11am, the plan was quickly derailing. DH and I were both getting highly stir-crazy, with one of us (ahem) downward spiraling faster than the other (ahem ahem).

A plan had to be made. And pizza, in my world, is always an excellent plan. But it had to be someplace new, because it was just that kind of afternoon. Enter the Urbanspoon.com neighborhood search function, narrow it to North Portland (I'd say NoPo if I had any street cred over there, but since I don't ....) and voila the lazy Sunday rescue strategy: Pizza Fino.

And rescue us they did. Garlic knots with a slightly sweet, basil-tinged tomato dipping sauce. Then some Arancini, which evidently are risotto balls coated in bread crumbs and ... wait for it ... fried. And then ... and then! ... french fries that were somewhere in the high end of top five french fries I have ever tasted in my life. The kind with the crisp outsides that crunch. And a pesto aioli on the side, oh goodness.

Add a super fresh-tasting caesar salad and a cheese pizza, and for under $30 we were happily out the door.

Sunday rescued.

No comments:

Post a Comment