Vegetarian Recipes

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Whimsical Folk Art

Never thought I'd have anything to say about that topic. Nope, not me. I am the former college student who dropped no less than three fine arts courses (one on the recommendation of the Jesuit priest teaching the course) before hitting on one that (a) would fulfill the requirement and (b) I could actually pass: Chicano Theater. Don't judge.

Anyways, so I'm trying to round up some wall hangings for our newly painted walls. I figured I'd look through Etsy .... which, as a side note, I rarely do given the volume of offerings and the lack of any decent place to start that search .... but I gave it another shot, and was shocked to find myself totally drawn to one artist in particular: Renie Britenbucher (with all due respect, what a mouthful!).

Check this out:
Sort of candy shop meets landscape artistry. Somewhere in there.

And then there's this darling, when are you moving into my home? piece:

And I don't even really like the still-life, flowers in vases usual motif, but this whole painting just looks happy.

Okay one more:



This one needs to be adopted. By me. And very soon.

http://www.reniebritenbucher.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment